Rory McIlroy believes that Ryder Cup will move to 2021

Rory McIlroy accepts the current year's Ryder Cup will be delayed until 2021.

Rory McIlroy believes that Ryder Cup will move to 2021

The Northern Irishman is one of the various players who recently required the biennial occasion among Europe and the US not to be played for the current year if spectators can't
join in.

Whistling Straits in Wisconsin is set to host the occasion from 25-27 September.

"My hunch is that I don't perceive how it will occur, so I don't believe that it will occur," the world number one revealed to BBC Sport NI.

"I figure most of the players might want to see it pushed back until 2021 with the goal that they can play before swarms and have the air that makes the Ryder Cup so exceptional.

"The players are the ones that make the Ryder Cup. On the off chance that they are not ready for it and would prefer not to play then there is no Ryder Cup.

"I see it being pushed back until 2021 and, truly, I believe that will be the correct call."

Europe has won seven out of the previous nine Ryder Cups, remembering the last occasion for France in 2018.

No worries about venturing out to Europe


McIlroy joined Americans Dustin Johnson, Rickie Fowler, and Matthew Wolff in participating in a foundation skins game in Florida not long ago, which was played without any onlookers in participation.

Serious golf over the world has been suspended since 12 March due to the Covid-19 pandemic,

yet the PGA Tour is set to continue on 11 June, away from plain view, at the Charles Schwab Colonial occasion in Texas.

McIlroy, who is set to play in the entirety of the initial three PGA Tour competitions upon golf's arrival, uncovered he would have no worries about venturing out to Europe later in the year.

"It's an extreme one. There are plenty of things not yet decided, however on the off chance that there are some enormous occasions in harvest time, at that point I can,

" McIlroy reacted when inquired as to whether he would consider playing in Europe in the not so distant future.

"Possibly on the off chance that Wentworth gets moved to October, which they are considering,

 at that point, I could see myself going over and playing that occasion.

"I was similarly as frustrated as every other person that The Open got dropped for the current year.

I figure it would have been a decent date in September on the off chance that we had the option to play it.

"I wouldn't have worries about making a trip to Europe.

 I think on the off chance that you adhere to the rules, at that point I don't perceive any motivation behind why we should feel frightened to travel."

No comments

Powered by Blogger.